Benefits of temp & contract work
A shift is underway in how businesses manage their human resources. More companies are incorporating temporary and contract professionals into their overall staffing mix to gain flexibility and reduce costs.
You may not have considered temporary or contract work in the past but now there are many compelling reasons to consider this as an option both for lifestyle and career reasons.
Why do organisations hire temporary / contract workers?
- To maintain productivity during workload peaks and troughs
- To fill in for absent staff or employees on leave, assist with special projects or help out during busy periods
- To assist during interim periods while searching for permanent employees
- To evaluate the need for specific positions before committing to the costs involved in creating a permanent role
- To introduce new or specialised skills into the organisation that may be lacking amongst permanent employees.
Why take a temporary or contract role?
- By opening yourself up to the temporary and contract job market, you increase your chances of getting a job. It's always easier to find a job when you have one!
- Temporary and contract jobs are a great way to meet new people and expand your professional network
- You can earn money and keep busy while looking for your dream job
- It provides an opportunity to learn new skill sets and gain experience in another industry / sector
- A temporary or contract job is a great way to learn more about a company, helping you decide if it's the type of company you'd like to work for
- Many companies opt to hire on a 'temporary to permanent basis' which allows them to assess candidates on the job before committing to a permanent hire. It is also common for companies to be so impressed with their temporary or contract worker that they offer them a permanent job.
- In more challenging economic times, many companies have freezes on permanent headcount. By working as a temporary or contract professional, you could get hired by a company that couldn't afford you otherwise.
Want to know more? Search our current temporary and contract jobs today: