A Finance Manager will distribute the financial resources of a company in order to maximise profit. The Finance Manager will support the management team by offering financial advice and support which will allow them to make well-informed business decisions for the company. Finance Managers will help with budgetary planning and offer insights into the financial implications of business decisions that are being considered.
- Collecting and interpreting financial information
- Reviewing other financial data for accuracy
- Predicting future financial trends
- Reporting to management and stakeholders how this might impact the company and future business decisions
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc. that will be communicated to the wider business
- Developing long-term business plans based on reports
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Developing strategies aimed at minimising financial risk
- Analysing market trends and competitors
A degree and several years’ experience in the financial field will be required to get a Finance Manager role. A degree in the following fields may prove particularly advantageous:
- Accountancy or Finance
- Business Studies
Postgraduate degrees in financial management may also be beneficial in advancing a candidate’s financial management career. As well as formal qualifications, candidates will also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraints
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for finance manager jobs in Hong Kong below:
Browse through our current list of finance manager jobs in Hong Kong below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.