A Financial Analyst is responsible for a company’s financial planning and analysis. A Financial Analyst will forecast future revenue and expenditures to help determine budgets for upcoming projects. Researching and reporting on financial information and monitoring financial movements within the market will enable the company to make well-informed commercial decisions.
- Analysing current and past financial data
- Looking at current financial performance and identifying trends
- Preparing reports on the above information and communicating to the wider business
- Consulting with the management team to develop long-term commercial plans
- Suggesting budgets and improvements based on the above information
- Exploring different investment opportunities
- Developing financial models and providing financial forecasts
- Developing initiatives and policies that may improve financial growth
A degree in one of the following subjects is likely to be highly-regarded by an employer:
A Finance Analyst will also be expected to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns
- Good verbal and written communication skills as you will be communicating with the wider business
- Abreast of industry updates
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for financial analyst jobs in Hong Kong below:
Browse through our current list of financial analyst jobs in Hong Kong below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.