An Internal Auditor will work within a company to monitor and assess how risks are being managed and how internal processes are working. An Internal Auditor will act as a consultant, applying a systematic methodology to their work, looking at ways in which to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management and improve how a company operates overall.
- Evaluating the company's compliance program
- Assessing how well risk management is being handled within a company by evaluating information security and risk exposures
- Reporting on risk management issues
- Analysing how the company will perform in the case of business interruption
- Providing continued education and advice to different business units and teams regarding compliance and risk assessment
- Anticipating emerging issues through data assessment
- Communicating with a variety of stakeholders
A degree in one of the following fields is likely to benefit anyone looking to develop a career in Internal Audit:
- Business Studies
Anyone looking to work in this industry will also be expected to display the following qualities:
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Organisational and time-keeping skills
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, especially when there are tight deadlines
- The ability to think objectively
- Strong communications, both verbal and written, as there will be ongoing communication with teams in other business units and the senior management team
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for internal auditor jobs in Hong Kong below:
Browse through our current list of internal auditor jobs in Hong Kong below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.