(38-42K) Technical System Specialist
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 09 October 2017
A global financial group with more than 1,800 employees worldwide.
It focuses on trading and market making, institutional sales, research, private equity, venture capital, and investment banking with offices across North America, Europe and APAC regions.
This role will work closely with the Infrastructure team lead in HK and report directly to the IT Infrastructure Manger in Sydney. The Hong Kong team works very closely with the Infrastructure teams in Sydney and Bala, who drive technology roadmaps and solution design.
* Technical administration of the HK datacentre infrastructure
* Level 2-3 support on IT infrastructure, focusing on network and datacentre
* Work with regional teams to resolve user requests/problems
* Provide ongoing systems maintenance and administration, including MS Windows/ Linux Servers, Active Directory, Exchange Sever, VMWare, IP-phone, Backup etc.
* Ensure system security & data integrity, including backup, disaster recovery planning and execution
* Prepare reports, technical documents, implementation proposals and user's manual
* Laptop / Desktop formatting & operating system installation and deployment.
* Maintain IT software and hardware inventory and asset management
* Assist engineering teams in Sydney where needed
* Work with local vendors to deliver support and services
* Maintain and manage the existing IT fleet
* Maintain IT documentation and diagrams
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or related disciplines, holder of MCSE / MCP / CCNP/ CCNA preferred
* At least 5 years relevant experience in system engineering
* Work experience in buy-side firms or service integrator companies is a great advantage
* Experience in Windows AD structure, Networking, IP phone system, Exchange Server and Backup administration
* Solid experience in networking/ datacenter administration/ server virtualization platform (VMware, ESXi 5.5 or latest) are highly preferred
* Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
* Knowledge in securities/brokerage firm will be highly considered;
* Strong troubleshooting skill;
* Analytical, self-initiative and responsible;
* Good communication, time management, planning, organization
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,