Accounting Assistant / Assistant Accountant
$17000 - 22000 / annum
Central and Western District
21 November 2018
Finance and accounting
Our client is fast-growing company looking for your exceptional skills as an Assistant Accountant. This brilliant role is very involved, and will bring new challenges and rewards each day as you assist with the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company offers you a multi-faceted, opportunity to expand your skill set in an environment where effort and excellence are rewarded.
Prepare to be challenged by a role where no two days are ever the same. Your special accounting skills will see you involved in everything from preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings through to bank reconciliations, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliations. You will report to the Accounting Manager, with responsibility for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. Let your technical skills shine as you assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and analyse and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner.
Your Skills & Experience
* Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics or related field.
* Additional qualifications such as CPA or CA is a plus.
* At least two years of exceptional Accounting experience.
* Brilliant skills in Excel.
* Proficiency in other Microsoft Programs.
* Accounting experience in a publicly-traded company a plus.
* Exceptional experience with NetSuite, SAP, Blackline or ADP a plus.
* Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Brilliant organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
* Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritise tasks.
You offer a brilliant combination of uncommon technical skills and the creative flair to interpret information and offer initiatives to streamline the accounting and reporting process. You are a numbers person yet you have the business insights to meaningfully interpret financial data, and while you can work seamlessly with minimal supervision you also relish the opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of professionals. Your outstanding communication skills allow you to convey complex ideas to those with a non-financial background, and you have an excellent awareness of time management. Your outstanding skill set will prove a valuable asset as you participate in a variety of special reports and ad hoc projects.
What's on offer?
* An outstanding opportunity for a self-starter to reach their full potential in a dynamic and exciting workplace.
* The support of a highly professional team.
* A fast-paced work environment where you will benefit from ongoing training and development.
* A forward-thinking company that encourages work-life balance.
* A clearly defined career path giving you unlimited possibilities for growth.
Hong Kong9th Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300