Assistant Project Manager - Yearly Contract - Insurance
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 08 March 2017
This is no small opportunity. Our client is building a singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. If you're looking for career growth, a chance to let your talent shine and a workplace that encourages initiative and innovation you've come to the right place. This company enjoys an enviable track record as one of the sector's fastest-growing firms with an eye for outstanding people and an impressive team. You'll be working with the best and brightest minds in the IT sector in a company that fosters a culture of performance, and where fresh solutions are the name of the game. In this fast-moving context, your flair for creative thinking, ability to work collaboratively and commitment to taking on new ideas will be valued and rewarded.
As IT Project Manager you will assist/lead a variety of complex projects to achieve key business objectives. Your extensive experience tells you a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work and you have the commercial insights to predict IT needs, play a hands-on role in development of business strategy, and solve unique - and often - complex problems. Your meticulous attention to detail, and enthusiasm for supporting new and evolving projects will see you report to senior leaders, while offering unwavering motivation to your own team.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist manager to lead and manage projects based on developed approach & methodology, ensuring projects adhered to proper project governance standards and provide support to develop effective project plan to meet with project goal.
- Establish plan to conduct, lead or drive to the completion of project rollout, incl. user requirement development, design support, conduct user acceptance testing, project documentation and follow through issues, problems and resolution
- Assess and evaluate project risks and manage project stakeholders expectation by effectively communicate issues timely with proper analysis, support, review and report project status timely and appropriately for different level of audiences.
- Liaise with relevant parties to review target processes of focus to identify and document improvement areas. Recommend options and develop action plans for management decision to implement process improvement changes.
- Assist the development of monitoring mechanism to review and benchmark process improvement results for decision making with set improvement goals and remediation plans where applicable for proper closure.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Degree in Computer Studies or related disciplines
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in Information Technology
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Six Sigma Green Belt Certification will be a real advantage
- Solid Application Development Project Management experience in Financial sector
- Good communication & presentation skill and able to effectively converse IT languages and business objectives between stakeholders
- Sound change & process mind-set
- Solid analytical skills, organisation and Project Management skills
- Good negotiating skills and conflict resolution skills
- Good communicator, adaptive to changing and demanding environment, and able to manage project stakeholder expectations.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road