Controls Assurance Analyst - Insurance- up to 65K
HK$30,000.00 - HK$65,000.00 / month
Central and Western District
19 July 2019
Protiviti are looking for skilled candidates for the following role:
The client is an international corporation with an excellent reputation both here in Asia and also globally.
The role holder will be responsible for defining and documenting controls within the IFRS 17 end to end process, working with another Controls Business Analyst within the IFRS 17 controls work stream. This role will require close interaction with various stakeholders in the controls community, including control owners, control officers, functional SMEs and risk stewards
Responsibilities of role:
- Documenting controls at a country level, including gap assessment of existing and planned controls.
- Documenting transition controls that cover controls specific and additional for the transition process.
- Supporting documentation of control data flows and mapping of critical data elements (CDEs) to controls.
- Documentation and quality assurance of SOX standard procedures
- Collate control test evidence for internal assurance
- Working closely with assurance teams to raise and manage to closure open control deficiencies
- Working closely with E2E Design work stream to ensure control design aligns with process design and ownership.
- Reconcile various functions and entities control library/delivery plan against the control framework to ensure completeness
- Assessing mitigation of country level operational risk by controls planned for implementation
To qualify for this role, you MUST have:
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in Science, Business Administration, economics, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Knowledge of Insurance (including actuarial) and Finance business models.
- Knowledge of Operational Risk and SOX Framework.
- Experience of designing, documenting and implementing controls.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Ability to provide structure and solution to problematic areas, to challenge information presented, providing reasoned explanation to ensure that agreement is reached by both parties.
- Ability to conceptualise the operational impact of business change.
- Ability to cope with pressure and tight deadlines.
- Good people skills, including ability to present to Senior Management and convey key messages.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Protiviti is a global consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future. Through our network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, Protiviti and its independently owned Member Firms provide clients with consulting solutions in finance, technology, operations, data, analytics, business performance improvement, risk and internal audit. As a Protiviti consultant, you will not only work on interesting business issues with world-class companies, but you will also have access to training and networking opportunities to accelerate your expertise.
Hong Kong9th Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island
hk +852 3653 7300