Equity Research Associate - HK/China Utilities
HKD40000 - 40000 / month
Central and Western District
12 February 2019
Banking and financial services
My client is an investment bank currently looking to add a HK/China Utilities research associate (RA) to their Equity Research team. They are ideally looking for candidates with 1-2 years equity research experience, ideally covering the respective sector, however, are open to candidates with strong quantitative modelling skills from other sectors. They are in particular, looking for passionate RA's with a strong potential to grow their client responsibilities over time.
- Be responsible for the specific analysis of individual companies and their equities within the sector (supporting the sector head to publish reports, initiating sales calls and marketing investment opinions)
- In the role you will have exposure to senior management of the listed companies, the opportunity to engage with key industry participants as well as to regularly meet with senior fund managers around China.
- Be able to contribute to writing research product and generating ideas.
- The role will also involve maintaining and developing databases / models and providing financial analysis for regularly published research and client requests.
- Minimum 1-2 years of equity research experience covering the respective sector is preferred
- CFA qualification, and/or Bachelors or Master's degree in /finance/ accounting
- Strong writing and communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Excellent modeling skills are required as well as a solid grounding in accounting/financial fundamentals
- Highly analytical thinker and writer
- Ability to respond quickly to changing situations is a must
- Well-developed commercial attitude and client marketing/relationship management skills
- Demonstrable time management and prioritization skills desirable
Hong Kong9th Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island
hk +852 3653 7300