Financial Business Analyst - Direct Contract- 35K
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 19 September 2017
Our client is a UK based multinational insurance company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It has around 33 million customers across 16 countries. They are the largest general insurer and a leading life and pension provider in the UK.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- To plan the schedule of tasks, including agreeing the dependencies on other teams, to meet deadlines.
- To prepare and submit all deliverables required from team managers in multi-locations in accordance with their requirements and deadlines.
- To ensure the necessary controls (such as reconciliations, regression testing, etc) are exercised to assure accuracy and quality of data, including the collation of any supporting data for evidence processes.
- To extract data and perform data housekeeping/cleansing activities as required supporting financial reporting and closing processes in investment, branch and risk-based reporting teams.
- To identify where any gaps or potential improvements in process, data or controls exist and agree/facilitate resolution with stakeholders.
- To conduct relevant testing and obtain relevant reviews and sign-offs for all deliverables, with appropriate documentations to meet FPIL's governance standards required by FPIL's risk and control team.
- University degree holder in IT, Business or Financial related fields.
- Around 5 years in setting up, developing end-user solutions and using accounting and information system, preferably in areas related to Essbase, Hyperion Financial and SmartView Excel reporting
- Proficient in advanced excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, VBA macro), access database and designing reports from accounting/information systems, preferably in Hyperion and Essbase environments.
- Highly analytical and able to interpret financial data and understand results and interactions between them to implement & improve process automationProven experience in Agile delivery method.
- Good understanding of basic insurance accounting, related financial/regulatory insurance and investments reporting requirementsExperience in software design.
- English proficient with good communication skills to both experts and non-experts, orally and in writing with colleagues at all levels.
- Able to understand the bigger picture as well as being able to focus on the detail.IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft packages.
- Is a self-starter and can work independently under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to balance competing priorities and to prioritize work
- Cantonese speaking is a preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Systems knowledge and/or expertise required:
- Oracle Fusion Suite, Smartview
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,