Foreign Bank - Hedge Fund Accountant, Senior Associate
$35000 - 45000 / month
Central and Western District
28 March 2019
Banking and financial services
If you want more than 'just a job' and want to be part of something that's growing not shrinking, then this might be the role for you! Our client is a well-known banking group which is expanding and has onboarded some new clients. A great career opportunity is available for a talented person with ambitions to play a key role in financial services.
As a key member of the finance team, you'll be responsible for facilitating and monitoring fund accounting and administration services to a range of managed investment schemes. This diverse role will see you perform fund accounting duties. You'll take ownership of conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients, and moderately complex funds including determining NAV, calculating fund performance, preparing various reports. Your impressive technical skills will play a role as you will handle cash and asset reconciliations and account expense reconciliation, and your excellent interpersonal skills will be an asset as you liaise with brokers, investment managers, and auditors.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- Additional qualifications - CPA
- Exceptional experience of at least 5 years in fund accounting
- Knowledge of hedge fund is an advantage
- Brilliant knowledge of market participants including counterparties and data providers.
- Sound understanding of investment markets and the broader finance industry.
- Strong operations, accounting, tax background and understanding of regulatory environment.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other presentation applications.
With an impressive track record, you are now ready to broaden your skill set in a fast-paced environment surrounded by a likeminded team of professionals. You offer a brilliant combination of technical skills and business insights, yet you have the creative flair to suggest innovative strategies to improve recording and reporting methodologies and make a personal contribution to company growth.
What's on offer?
- A company with a strong people-focused culture that encourages open communication and personal responsibility.
- A brilliant opportunity to define a major contribution to the ongoing success and growth of the business.
- A passionate, dynamic team in a company that is going places fast.Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong9th Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island
hk +852 3653 7300