Forensic Officer/ Investigator - 12 months rolling UP TO 50K
HK$45,000.00 - HK$50,000.00 / month
Central and Western District
9 July 2019
Protiviti are looking for skilled candidates for the following role:
The client is an international bank within an excellent reputation both here in Asia as well as globally. Multiple exciting opportunities have arisen in Hong Kong.
This position is an Investigator/ Forensic Officer. The position requires an advanced understanding of fraud and risk, working with internal management and the law the enforcement community at the local, state, federal, and international levels. The Investigator will be focused on root cause analysis and quantifying risk, then communicating those findings to management in a fashion that prompts them to initiate systems, process, and procedural change to address the identified areas of concern.
- Conducts the investigation process with a focus on gathering evidence for investigations. This evidence is then compiled in a logical fashion to identify suspects and perform root cause analysis.
- Works closely with Risk and other key LOB personnel to analyze controls based on investigation findings and recommend enhancements/remediation.
- Communicates effectively with LOBs when systems or process deficiencies are identified to ensure that they are corrected.
- Analyzes and identifies fraudulent transactions based on actionable intelligence to mitigate reputation and financial risk.
- Ensures proper mitigation efforts are taken on any/all significant intelligence leads related to cross channel fraud and risk issues.
- Recognizes opportunities for addressing fraud issues, risks and exposures.
- Maintains strong liaison and working relationships with all federal, state and local law enforcement and regulatory agencies, including international enforcement agencies.
- Develop criterion for items requiring action and to actively seek intelligence that supports specific ongoing investigations or risks.
- Investigation duties include gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and suspects, documenting in case management system, working with law enforcement for the prosecution of investigations, complying with regulatory requirements, FP&I (Fraud Prevention & Investigation) policies and identifying control and procedural issues.
- Completes investigative field work for crimes against the Corporation.
- May involve forensic investigative analysis to support an investigation.
- Will come in contact with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business, related field or work experience required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in financial fraud investigations or Law Enforcement is preferred
- Knowledge of online banking systems, telephone banking risk management, EFT systems, and/or risk management.
- A basic understanding of organized criminal groups, online carding groups, digital currencies, and electronic crimes as they relate to electronic fraud.
- Court room testimony experience is a plus.
- Experience presenting to an audience regarding fraud or investigations
- Able to articulate sophisticated fact patterns to non-technical line of business risk partners and memorialize investigations into regular reporting requirements.
- Able to interface with other bank investigators and industry peers in subjects related to cross channel fraud.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively with representatives and technology specialists within the Lines of Business.
- Able to brief GS&I management on key issues in a timely fashion
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Protiviti is a global consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future. Through our network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, Protiviti and its independently owned Member Firms provide clients with consulting solutions in finance, technology, operations, data, analytics, business performance improvement, risk and internal audit. As a Protiviti consultant, you will not only work on interesting business issues with world-class companies, but you will also have access to training and networking opportunities to accelerate your expertise.
Hong Kong9th Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island
hk +852 3653 7300