Head of Testing-IFRS17-up to $120K 12mths
$80000 - 120000 / month
Central and Western District
3 October 2018
A multi-national institution is urgently looking for head of testing, initially on a 12 months contract.
As the head of testing, you are responsible for:
- Developing a testing and quality framework to ensure all testing is executed according to guideline and standards.
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing and processes, including training for testers and other developers where appropriate.
- Taking responsibility to guide and coordinate all activities and testers during each testing phase of a project or program within quality, time line and budget.
- Co-operating with users and senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy and testing cases to be employed for development projects.
- Managing all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Planning, arranging and controlling meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities. Control and manage the SIT/UAT calendar dates and schedule to support all the testing schedule of the Technology team.
- Management of external testers and vendors to enable the Technology team to meet all the testing schedules and projects.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in Information Technology with at least 5 years of experience working as a head of testing in the financial industry
- Extensive experience in system testing, Acceptance testing and UAT required
- In-depth software quality assurance experience including proven management, supervisory or leadership experience.
- Experience in participating and/or completion in Testing Certification programs (CQSA, CSTE or CSTP)
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively convert high-level management objectives to executable activities for the team. A good team player and be able to work with multiple vendors and user groups.
- Immediately available highly preferred and will be considered first
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong21st Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong Island
Central, Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300