International Custodian Hedge Fund accounting Associate
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 06 February 2017
Our client is a leading International Custodian. They are now looking for an energetic self starter to join their Hong Kong Hedge Fund Administration team. Looking for someone with 2-4 years experience within hedge fund accounting.
As a key member of the fund administration team, you'll be responsible for facilitating and monitoring fund accounting and administration services to a range of managed investment schemes. This diverse role will see you process, control and settle client transactions - cash, security and corporate actions, and sign-off all cash and asset reconciliations and transfers. You'll take ownership of processing fund operating expenses and recoveries, and assist with analysis of cash flow appraisal and financial risk across the business unit. Your impressive technical skills will play a role as you oversee fund operating income and expenditure, cashflow management and liquidity risk reporting, and your excellent interpersonal skills will be an asset as you liaise with brokers, investment managers, auditors, administrators and custodians.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
- Additional qualifications - CPA or CA.
- Exceptional experience of 2-5 years in hedge fund accounting, audit, finance or similar field.
- Brilliant knowledge of market participants including counterparties and data providers.
- Sound understanding of investment markets and the broader finance industry.
- Strong operations, accounting, tax background and understanding of regulatory environment.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other presentation applications.
With an impressive track record, you are now ready to broaden your skill set in a fast-paced environment surrounded by a likeminded team of professionals. You offer a brilliant combination of technical skills and business insights, yet you have the creative flair to suggest innovative strategies to improve recording and reporting methodologies and make a personal contribution to company growth.
What's on offer?
- A company with a strong people-focused culture that encourages open communication and personal responsibility.
- A brilliant opportunity to define a major contribution to the ongoing success and growth of the business.
- A passionate, dynamic team in a company that is going places fast.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road