Investment Operations, Asset Management, HKD55k
$50000 - 55000 / month
Central and Western District
July 19, 2018
Banking and financial services
Our client is a well-established, international organisation, that offers services across insurance and investments, with presence in America, Europe and throughout Asia Pacific.
They are a private, global asset manager focused on active, high-conviction investing. The firm managed over US$90 billion across global asset classes for sophisticated investors around the world by 2018. Today, their clients include pension plans, insurance companies, official institutions, private banks, advisors and intermediaries, supported by offices and staff in 20 locations.
- Perform daily monitoring of outsourced fund valuation processes, which include control, validation and investigative research activities.
- Perform daily monitoring of back office processes outsourced to State Street, which include settlements, reconciliations and corporate actions.
- Perform daily monitoring of processes with custodians, deposit banks and brokers.
- Administer a wide variety of products including MPF funds, insurance funds, private portfolios, pension accounts, UCITS funds and mutual funds.
- Ensure control and compliance with general operational risk management standards and regulatory requirements in all areas of Operations, handle external and internal audit requests.
- Identify process improvement opportunity and propose best practices and standardized processes are implemented wherever appropriate.
- Participate in new fund / product launch with other departments, handle new account and custodian setup, implement and develop internal control procedures.
- Coordinate with other offices in Asia and beyond (e.g. Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, India, Tokyo, New York and London) on Operations matters.
- Prepare and maintain on-going documentation and execution of all processes with respect to policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Perform special projects and analyses as requested by management.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in a Finance, Management, Business Administration or related degree.
- Has at least 6+ years of Asset Management experience, specifically middle office, custody and fund administration; with a strong understanding of the entire end-to-end process.
- Sound regulatory and business knowledge of Asset Management and Fund Administration.
- Highly motivated, team player, and self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and Senior Management.
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to understand business functions and processes quickly.
- Ability to be hands-on, flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and deliver results quickly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, global collaboration, and negotiation skills, fluent in English.
- Expert level proficiency Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, Query based reporting and data visualizations tools.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.