Investor Services, Team Head, 40-60k
$40000 - 60000 / month
Central and Western District
27 November 2018
Banking and financial services
Our client is a privately-held financial institution and provider of global custody, foreign exchange, securities lending, and brokerage services for mutual funds, investment managers, banks and insurance companies throughout North America, Europe and Asia. This role supports clients under minimal direction from the Client Service Team Leader, works on cross client projects and other business initiatives while acting as an escalation point for resolution of issues by other team members.
- Direct multiple teams that are responsible for conducting transfer agency operations activities for a broad array of assigned clients.
- Responsible for the financial and human resources for the unit and ensure assigned teams are operating effectively to meet unit goals and objectives.
- Direct processes and allocation of resources for processing distributions, completion of NAV/Rate updates, fund audit fulfillment, gain and loss reporting, settlement, commissions, invoicing and financial payments.
- Manage relationships with a broad set of clients and resolve any unique escalated issues related to fund transactions, accounting, and reporting.
- Set new client onboarding and fund security master record-keeping standards for area and provide guidance to teams to ensure that processes follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure clients are in compliance with IRS regulatory standards.
- Make accurate and timely delivery of all tax forms to shareholders.
- Interact with systems personnel, IRS personnel, clients, client services, internal and external vendors and other operating units to make certain that deliverables and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assist in setting quality standards for transfer agency operations teams and review quality metrics to ensure standards are met.
- Analyze trends and develops and implements processes to improve team performance.
- Responsible for the effective leadership and development of team members.
- Recruit, direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manage multiple transfer agency operations teams.
- Contribute to the achievement of multiple teams objectives.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 8 years' experience in fund accounting or global custody in financial services industry.
- Prior experience in auditing is a plus Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Experience handling Hong Kong domiciled funds is a must
- Project management skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Mandarin language skill is preferred
- To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong9th Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300