Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 09 November 2017
IT managerial position in a global professional media and translation company
- Gaining a detailed and intimate knowledge of the Company's new and legacy Translation Management Systems and overall IT infrastructure;
- System support:
- Help maintain the WordPress websites and track its SEO performance hosted with WPengine.com and using Google Analytics.
- Help maintain the CMS integration server. Windows Server, hosted on AWS EC2, together with backups to Amazon S3.
- Liaise and assist the outsource IT group that maintains our legacy systems on a LAMP service.
- Desktop Support: From time to time it may be necessary to provide general IT assistance to the end users including hardware, software (Windows), system and related issues;
- Administer the new Translation Management System (Hosted SaaS) and liaise with the vendor if any issues arise or additional features are required.
- Assist clients with integrating into the Translation Management System:
- Assist customers to install and configure WordPress and other CMS plugins
- XML file configuration for text extraction for translation
- Export/Convert PDF files to Word/PPT/Excel using software to extract the required text/formatting
- Vendor Management
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports as directed.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Computing Science or related field
- 5-7 years' experience in a technology environment
- Knowledge in HTML, XML, PHP, MySQL and WordPress;
- Hands on experience administering IIS and Windows Servers on AWS, including backup configuration, Firewall and SSL.
- Knowledge in IT support, such as Microsoft Windows configuration and user support
- Basic understanding of network and server side infrastructure
- Some experience with other CMS systems such as Sitecore, CQ5, Ektron, EpiServer, Joomla would be an advantage;
- Holder of MCP, or MCSE, MCITP, CCNA is an advantage;
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and Clients in spoken and written English with Chinese being an advantage.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,