Junior Application Support (Equity Risk) - Top Tier iBank
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 30 October 2017
Our client is a leading world-renowned iBank with branches and businesses all over the world. They are looking for a person with either at least 1 year of front office application support (equity risk) OR 3 years of development experience in Java with solid development skills in VBA and in-depth financial knowledge in Equity Risk.
This person will focus on Front Office Book, PnL & Risk applications and develop applications to provide first level support for front office traders of Equity Derivatives platform in Hong Kong for Exotics, Delta One, Convertible Bonds, Warrant, etc.
As a key member in Equities & Derivatives Application Support Analyst, you will :
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures, manage and track daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; coordinate with developer teams to report and follow through bug fixing.
- Minimize failures and ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems by continuously monitoring the performance⁄ operation, quickly diagnose and address any problems.
- Bring together Operations, IT and Infrastructure teams during critical incidents and for preventative action planning.
- Receive, transduce, and coordinate business requests to development and other IT teams in Hong Kong as well as Paris, London and New York sites.
- Conduct system Quality Assurance Testing and assist in User Acceptance test; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications and systems.
- Be responsible for technical configuration and implementation on data interface file for system integration to and from the Equity Research workflow and distribution system.
- Provide system and process documentation.
- Adhere to document procedural standards.
- University qualification preferably in Computer Science, Information Management, Financial Engineer or relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of development experience in Java, VBA and financial knowledge in Equity Risk/Derivatives OR at least 1 year of front office application support experience in a financial institute.
- Solid development skills in Java, VBA, Python, MS SQL Server
- Good client management and interpersonal skills
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative
- Strong problem solving techniques
- Strong Equity Derivative product and valuation knowledge
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,