Legal Admin, HKD20-25k
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 20 June 2017
This is a multinational law firm, part of the Magic Circle, with over 2000 lawyers across 20 countries throughout the world. The firm covers Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, Banking and Finance, Insolvency, Tax and Antitrust. The Human Resource team is headquartered in Hong Kong with specialists in general human resources, recruitment and learning and development.
This role will focus on Administration and Learning and Development. Supporting the team, it will support the business within Asia, providing administration on learning programmes, course administrations, projects, seminars and training. It will also deal with the Law Society in regards to compliance with their rules and regulations, answering queries, coordinating training and act as the Point of Contact.
- Ensure excellent administration of local and regional internal and client K&L programmes and coordinate global programme attendance
- Run processes that support the delivery of L&D programmes, ensuring efficiencies and effectiveness are maximised
- Use a learning management system (Sophia) to accurately record and manage L&D information
- Support compliance with Law Society requirements and completion of key processes including requalification
- Participate in K&L projects as required, including supporting programme development by L&D Manager and I&R Manager
- Create and update course information, draft and send adverts, invitations and reminders
- Book rooms/facilities for courses (internal or external venue), determine catering and equipment requirements, and liaise on an ongoing basis with the venue/reception/others
- Ensure that learning interventions meet CPD/RME/CLE requirements or other compulsory skills requirements
- Complete course accreditation processes and ensure that points and certificates are allocated appropriately after the course (local and global courses)
- Set up course/project meetings, document actions/deadlines and monitor the completion of tasks/actions as required
- Ensure that participants and faculty have the relevant information/material by the set deadlines, organise briefings as required
- Amend, collate, arrange printing and distribution of training materials, including handouts, name plates/badges
- Manage participant/client registrations, attendance, and cancellations according to cancellation policy
- Carry out course evaluation including creation of evaluation forms, summarising data and ensuring that follow up actions are implemented
- Respond promptly to queries from faculty, participants, clients, HR/L&D Managers and other interested parties
Course support and co-ordination
- Provide on-the-ground support to training courses across the business, including involvement in regional and local courses
- Act as contact point and trouble shooter for faculty, participants and clients
- Act as co-ordinator for internal training as part of new joiner induction programmes, refresher training on databases/products and with external suppliers as appropriate
Law Society Requirements and Processes
- Provide administrative support for effective compliance with local requirements and completion of key processes. Includes CPD, RME, CLE, Anti Money Laundering, requalification (Hong Kong, England & Wales, New York)
- Liaise with local Law Society/Bar contacts and with HR contacts in London and New York to gather information and answer with queries
- Communicate requirements, changes and process information to staff by email or by briefing
- Co-ordinate training as required
- First point of contact for staff queries
Knowledge and Learning - Processes and Best Practice
- Participate in L&D activity within any area of the cycle (analysis, design, development, delivery, evaluation) and annual planning and reporting processes
- Draw on knowledge and advice from team members or other internal/external specialist, use standard processes and templates as appropriate, to implement effectively
- Ensure L&D solutions are appropriate to the business
- Build and develop awareness of the combined K&L offering
- Act as first point of contact for regional/local L&D queries
- Provide administrative support for K&L annual planning and reporting processes
- Support the development and sharing of knowhow across K&L teams
- Liaise regularly with K&L contacts across the firm to ensure consistency, efficiency and quality of service
- Actively support other team members at busy times
- A bachelor's degree holder with at least two years of experience supporting office management or human resources functions in a professional services firm or multi-national corporation.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Ability to speak Cantonese or Putonghua preferred.
- Good organization and time management skills, including excellent skills in databases, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (ie., Word, Excel) and desktop publishing and presentation applications.
- Ability to manage a variable work load and ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Candidates must be confident, proactive, mature and professional presence.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, be organised, detail oriented, and possess high levels of integrity and initiative. We are looking for a team player capable of building good working relationships.
41 Connaught Road,