Project Manager-Fund Accounting -up to $75K-12 mths
$50000 - 75000 / month
Central and Western District
August 8, 2018
This role is responsible for overseeing the business and operational aspects of automation projects in Fund Administration, Fund Middle Office and Custody and be a primary liaison between the user community and the technical groups for the purposes of a specific project.
As a Project manager you will engage in the following:
- Manage a team of business analysts to analyse or work independently to define the Fund Accounting and Fund Middle Office business requirements, participate as a business expert in recommending and implementing solutions as well as communicating the solutions effectively to Business, Management and IT.
- Lead independent reviews of new vendor product functionality and provide recommendations on how HSBC should implement functionality.
- Lead the design of complex system set-up and testing on the vendor product platform including Instrument Accounting, Market Data pricing solution, SWAP and Hedge Fund module.
- Manage the UAT and IT and production support teams to ensure the delivery of system enhancements meeting user requirements and quality standards.
- Works in collaboration with the Product Team, IT and Vendor to design and plan projects which deliver new products and services, working across the portfolios and technology teams to ensure alignment and support delivery of other Portfolio objectives.
- Contributes to Best Practice and continuous improvement of the framework.
- People management of the teams aligned to the Portfolio, ensuring alignment of resources based on capability and personal development objectives as well as capacity.
- Development of people aligned with Best Practice principles.
To qualify as a business analyst for this role, you MUST have:
- University graduate preferably in business administration, information technology or a similar discipline
- Solid knowledge of Fund Accounting Vendor product - Multifonds is definitely an advantage
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the securities market and the associated market infrastructure for Fund Administration, Fund Middle Office and Custody business
- At least eight years' relevant experience in change management or migration projects in securities / fund administration / fund middle office.
- General awareness of business, regulatory and technology change within investment management is essential.
- Good technical aptitude, including excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Excel macros
- Immediately available highly preferred and will be considered first
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.