Regional Software Application Director
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 23 June 2017
VP of IT
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role will be accountable for managing the organization and responsible for developing and maintaining the critical ongoing support of business software applications along and infrastructure with a portfolio of IT service offerings while following standards.
They are responsible for establishing, driving, and implementing strategies for continual modernization of the technology stack, infrastructure and tools through DevOps, applications etc., to manage information technology systems in accordance with business needs and adherence to corporate technology standards.
Job Responsibilities :
- As a direct, he/she will report to the CFO, responsible for developing the overall software programs technical requirements/ strategy for the team and providing input into IT 3 year strategy, 1 year operating plan and rolling plan that gets presented to the senior leadership team;
- Manages the strategic direction and coordinates resources, equipment, vendors and consultants, etc. for the operational support of a complex portfolio of business applications, including large administration platforms and eCommerce applications provided by third party vendors;
- Oversees multiple technology operations functions and teams responsible for: IT service management; foundational infrastructure services; and application management and support within the APAC;
- Works closely with their peers to provide the CIO and business partners strategic solutions and approaches to solve ongoing business challenges. May be required to present technology solutions and alternatives to the president and senior leadership team;
- Foster collaborative working relationships with senior business partners and Global Business & Technology Solutions to consultatively influence outcomes with the best interest of the company in mind;
- Prepare and present business cases and validate resource and cost estimates, as provided by their team, for potential technical solutions. Advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition;
- Manage end of life recommendations and reverse demand for the existing application and software suite and make risk-based recommendations on the annual portfolio of projects required to reduce technology risk to the business;
- Provide leadership and oversight to ensure the business requested production fixes and enhancements are prioritized and maximize the business budget;
- Ensures business critical applications are monitored, have high availability and process the daily business transactions per the agreed upon SLAs established with business stakeholders;
- Degree Business Commerce/ Computing;
- 15 + years within IT software applications industry;
- 10 + years of managing IT application and development team;
- Strong proven background in software coding and development. SQL, C#, C++ and Java;
- Proven track record of managing business analyst, project managers and 3rd party suppliers;
- Experienced team leader and good team player;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proven track record of strong application support, user interaction and business requirement gathering;
- Strong IT compliance and governance knowledge;
- Works efficiently under pressure and willing to go the extra mile;
- Proven experience in project management PMP and/or PRINCE2 qualified.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,