(Senior) DB2 Database Developer - Top Tier Bank - 50k
$50000 - 50000 / month
Central and Western District
11 October 2018
IT and technology
Our client is one of the world's largest bank with branches across the globe providing a list of different financial products. They are looking for a Database Administrator with previous experience in physical data model design in DB2 to join their database support and development team.
A DB2 Database Developer will be expected to:
- Oversees and performs the design, development, tuning and maintenance of databases including structures, behaviors, performance, security, and recovery.
- Ensures that data integrity and data security is maintained.
- Monitors database performance and implements efficiency improvements.
- Identifies and resolves database issues and problems.
- Provides technical assistance for development of complex SQL, functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Performs data migration activities as needed.
- Plans for future data needs ensuring that needed capacity is available.
- Plans and coordinates data management software installations and upgrades.
- Develops and maintains standards and procedures for security, backup/recovery, database usage and performance/tuning.
- Provides leadership in working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Evaluates and recommends system and database management software and support tools.
- Provides support for multiple RDBMS systems as needed.
- Participates in the Disaster Recovery process as required.
- Assists in creation of logical and physical data models using best practices to support new and existing initiatives.
- Maintains current knowledge and expertise in database technology.
- Performs on-call or scheduled after hours work as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Degree holder in Computer Science or information technology or related disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of relevant database administration experience in DB2 database
- Experience in data analysis and logical/physical data modeling
- Hands-on experience in database design, backup and recovery, data refreshes, performance analysis, configuration and maintenance of database
- Experience in implementing complex business logics in DB2 stored procedure
- Knowledge in performance monitoring and tuning in DB2 sql and stored procedure
- Previous experience in banking or any financial institutes is an advantage (not mandatory)
- Fluent in both Cantonese and English
Hong Kong21st Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong Island
Central, Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300