Senior Front-office Application Support Specialist - iBank
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 28 September 2017
Our client is a leading world-renowned iBank with branches in over 60 different countries and a leading financial player across the globe.
They are looking for a Senior Application Support for their Equity Derivatives and Fixed Income traders across APAC offering an exciting salary package.
As a Senior Application Support, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the trading applications of Equities & Derivatives Trading (Cash Equity, Warrant, Future & Options) and Fixed Income on various APAC markets in Windows/Linux platform
- Supporting traders, troubleshooting and diagnosing functional and technical issues in the production environment
- Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; reporting bugs back to local / overseas development teams
- Handling business-driven or exchange-driven projects
- Conducting system Quality Assurance testing, performing deployment or upgrade of mission critical trading applications and systems
- Ensuring adequate performance and operation of the systems - monitoring the performance ⁄ operation, diagnose and address any problems.
- Following ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident escalation and system change management procedures.
- Providing system and process documentation
- Morning / Lunch shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required
- University qualification with IT Major, Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in trading support
- Good business knowledge on cash and derivatives products and market rules
- Experience with system monitoring
- Good technical / scripting knowledge on Linux/Unix environment
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to innovative
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel/VBA
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency with Python in Linux & Windows environments
- Previous experience in Batch scheduling system is an advantage
- Knowledge on Fixed income products is a big advantage
- Immediately available is an advantage
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,