Senior Software Developer - Major Bank - 80k
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 21 June 2017
Our client is a world-renowned top tier bank with over 4000 branches in 70 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Americas, the Middle East and North Africa.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work in various scrum teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address engineering and business needs. This includes fulfilling externalization and configurability requirements, allowing business to customize an application without IT involvement, and at the same time allowing the engineering team to strive toward DevOps model.
- Design and develop components, libraries, and reference applications, using ES6, React, Java, Spring Boot, and/or Mule to tackle cross cutting technical and non-functional concerns, and documents the knowledge and best practices appropriately.
- Provide technical leadership and consultation to functional engineering teams and represent them during architecture, security, and compliance reviews.
- Identify appropriate use of cloud architectural best practices, CI/CD pipeline, automated testing, source control management, and application design patterns.
You will also assist the Technical Lead to:
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant applications onto AWS and PCF, while fulfilling HSBC and HKMA compliance standards
- Define a roadmap and strategy to migrate existing on premise applications onto public cloud
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as Amazon, ALM, and infrastructure team, etc. to enable proper use of new platform and technologies in production
- Select appropriate cloud services and build tools based on data, compute, and security requirements
- 7+ development experience with some capacity in leading a team of developers
- Proficiency with modern programming languages, particular with Java and ES6 is ESSENTIAL
- Working knowledge on AWS services, such as S3, CloudFront, EC2, VPC setup
- Experience in building highly available, secure, distributed systems in a micro-services architecture
- Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
- Working knowledge with Mule Anypoint Studio and API Management Platform is preferred
- Experience with React, Redux, Saga, Jenkins and other CI/CD pipeline are preferred
- Immediately available is an advantage
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,