Technical System Specialist
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 11 August 2017
A global financial group with more than 1,800 employees worldwide.
It focuses on trading and market making, institutional sales, research, private equity, venture capital, and investment banking with offices across North America, Europe and APAC regions.
This role will work closely with the Infrastructure team lead in HK and report directly to the IT Infrastructure Manger in Sydney. The Hong Kong team works very closely with the Infrastructure teams in Sydney and Bala, who drive technology roadmaps and solution design.
It is expected that the applicant be energetic and enthusiastic, with experience in a wide range of technologies within the financial services environment. For example: desktop technology, networking, IP Phones etc.
This role would also require some (but not regular) after hours and on call work.
- Provide Level 1/2 desktop support to the local staff
- Assist the Infrastructure Manager with all other projects on Asian operations (IT assessments, auditing etc.)
- Deploy desktop, telephony, network and mobile infrastructure according to corporate standards
- Assist in maintaining the HK datacentre infrastructure
- Work with regional teams to resolve user requests/problems
- Assist engineering teams in Sydney where needed
- Work with local vendors to deliver support and services
- Maintain and manage the existing IT fleet
- Maintain IT documentation and diagrams
- 3-5 years' experience
- Experience with Wintel, Desktop, IP telephony support
- Knowledge of telecom and networking infrastructure technologies
- Good communication skills in fluent English/Cantonese/Mandarin
- Must be Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Great customer service skills and focus
- Good organisational ability
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,