Trader Assistant, Investment Bank, 50k
$50000 - 50000 / month
Central and Western District
25 July 2018
Banking and financial services
Our client is a reputable and Global US Investment Bank, with an International background and has offices situated in London, Tokyo, New York and Hong Kong. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust them with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Equities Middle Office comprises of business-aligned support teams for the Equity derivatives, Cash, Prime and SBL traders and marketers based in Hong Kong. The business covers all Asian markets; with products that range from cash equity to highly structured derivatives.
The Trading Assistant is responsible for supporting the traders and marketers from an operational perspective and maintaining stringent controls in daily trading activities. The team works in close collaboration with trading, marketing, product control team, legal, compliance, settlement and control teams.
Equity Derivatives Delta One Trading Assistant Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Trade capture in the risk management system for Sales and traders
- Trade lifecycle events management in coordination with traders
- Assist trading in risk management in ensuring pricing is correctly captured
- Assist trading in inventory management and book management
- Controls and reconciliations to identify risk and captures issues in order to maintain the risk quality
- Ensure traders and marketers are in compliance with rules and regulations in various local jurisdictions
- Continuous project work involving process improvement, system implementation, new product or new market rollouts
- equity swaps, interest rate swaps, listed futures and options.
- cash equity, ETF, options
- Strong proficiency with MS Office and the ability to pick up complex systems architecture easily. Knowledge of VBA / SQL would be an asset
- Previous exposure to equity and equity derivative products is essential. Mathematics, Finance or Science background preferred
- Fluent English language skills (both verbal and written)
- University graduate
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude; solid business acumen; strong level of professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Multi-tasking is essential: ensuring that the risk of each transaction is correctly recorded; maintaining a high level of client service, whilst at all times adhering to the controls and policies of the business.
- Lastly, the candidate needs to be able to adapt to changing environments and possess the mindset to seek continuous improvement in processes, controls, etc.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong21st Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Central, Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300