Trading Network Engineer
$50000 - 75000 / month
Central and Western District
July 26, 2018
IT and technology
A multinational trading firm is looking for a technical network engineer.
- Design and implement robust, high performing network infrastructure which optimizes the network performance of trading systems;
- Work with third parties, including exchanges and circuit providers, to optimize both performance and value of network for its trading applications;
- Resolve network related incidents, and perform root-cause analysis and resolution to eliminate recurrences;
- Maintain thorough network documentation, and educate internal stakeholders regarding the state and capabilities of network infrastructure;
- Perform periodic resiliency testing to ensure that there are no single points of failure and that connectivity is maintained despite the outages which impact our network infrastructure or circuits;
- Design, configure and coordinate infrastructure upgrades in exchange colocation sites; and
- Provide first-level support responsibilities for The firm's infrastructure and trading systems.
- 5 or more years' experience engineering complex, high performance networks at a global scale.
- Demonstrable experience implementing complex projects from initiation through production handover;
- Be experienced with net-ops tools for configuration management, and network monitoring and analysis;
- Have experience working with Cisco and Arista networking hardware and the associated network operating systems;
- Have experience working with high performance networking fabrics or matrix switches;
- Have experience with optical tap and packet capture infrastructure;
- Be deeply knowledgeable regarding multicast networking and configuration;
- Have experience with Linux;
- Be experienced using a scripting language, such as python/ bash/ etc., to automate tasks or perform analysis;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and experience collaborating in cross-location teams; and
- To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.