Client Accountant - 1-year contract to perm - $19k - $28k
$19000 - 28000 / month
16 October 2018
Finance and accounting
Our client is an international insurance company, looking for a high caliber Accountant who can work independently and will commit to a 1-year contract with the chance to go permanent for the right candidate. The right candidate will start immediately.
- Technical Accounting for Life/Heath
- Review reinsurance statement of accounts and claim documents to ensure compliance
- Register resulting premiums, commissions, losses and reserves, and risks over threshold into the systems
- Manage receivables for clients and work with them to reduce/eliminate overdue balances
- Monitor and ensure timely receipt of Statements of Accounts and respond to other associates' queries/concerns on accounting issues
- General Accounting
- Responsible for both Accounts Payable (invoice payment and expense management) and Account Receivables, including Credit Control and timely settlement of debts
- Degree qualified, preferably in Insurance, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline
- At least 2 to 3 years' insurance / reinsurance industry experience with good working knowledge of insurance and reinsurance standards, practices and principles
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Excel and Access for working with large volume of data required
- Good command of English and Chinese (written and spoken) with ability to communicate with clients in Cantonese desired
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels and across diverse geographies Good team player
If interested in an in-depth discussion of the role, please do not hesitate to contact Ashton Hyde email: [email protected] or mobile: +8523653 7300.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong9th Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300