Senior Development Manager - Banking (Big Data) up to 85K
Location : Hong Kong
Post Date : 31 August 2017
A renowned financial institution is seeking high caliber candidate to them as a Senior Development Manager - Big Data
- Ensure data governance in place meets regulatory needs as well as that for the bank
- Ensure that business intelligence capabilities are developed and maintained to allow the bank to maximise the benefit of data assets
- Develop, manage and maintain data standards, policies and methodologies
- Ensure data management practices in the bank help support business decision making
- Define a holistic data strategy and programs of work associated with re-engineering and delivery.
- Lead, develop and implement data quality management programs in the Bank
- Work with and support businesses to implement Group Data Strategy, Group Data Policy Framework and related support
- Prioritize and manage development and implementation of enhancements/changes; oversee testing processes and acceptance signoff
- Plan IT budget for application related activities and seek ways to reduce application related costs
- University degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 15 years working experience in development and support of business intelligence systems and applications in different database technology: MS SQL, IBM DB2, Oracle DB, Teradata, SAS and/or Sybase on LUW platforms.
- Seasoned practitioner of data architecture covering also Big Data and its applications, e.g. Data Science
- Familiar with the tools and technologies supporting Big Data / Data Science
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) preferred
- Experience in supporting financial applications will be an added advantage
- Solid experience in managing an application team with 25+ members. Cross-country development team management an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in using SDLC and Agile/DevOps development methodologies
- Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese, Putonghua speaking is an advantage
- Great sense of ownership, quality oriented and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,