VP Data Management, Data Analytics - iBank
Location : Hong Kong
Post Date : 29 March 2017
A renowned global investment bank is seeking high calibre candidate to join them as VP Data Management, Data Analytics.
Data Analytics is seen as a key domain to be developed to make the group stronger for the banking and financial sector challenges and disruptions of today and tomorrow.
- Act as the subject matter expertise to support business in the design of both operational and analytical technology platforms and environments.
- Define, design, and build dimensional databases from internal and external data sources in the ETL (extract, transform, load) process using best practices that meet the information and data governance and data analytics goals of enterprise data management.
- Support the delivery of Data Management knowledge and R&D initiatives in both regional and local levels
- Define enterprise architectures for Data Warehouse, Master Data Management (MDM) /Reference Data, integration for data and transaction processing.
- Participate in the definition of standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables.
- Build the enterprise conceptual and logical data models for analytics, operational and data mart structures in accordance to industry best practices.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or engineering or equivalent technology domain experience.
- 8+ years of experience in designing/leading the conceptual, logical and physical design for distributed databases (OLAP, OLTP, ETL etc).
- Consistently demonstrate strong experience in Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling and data integration.
- Advanced working knowledge of data management tools and techniques, such as Hazelcast, Hadoop, Pivotal, Oracle, Teradata, Greenplum, BO, SQL, Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, R, Python, Mahoot, Hive, SAS or similar
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate data technology benefits to non-technical and senior managers
- Experience of working with data warehouses, master data management, metadata management and business glossary/data stewardship tooling and developing data management methodologies to address new data situations
- DevOps or Agile experience is big advantage
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road