FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT, 6 MONTH CONTRACT, HKD$30-$33K
$360000 - 396000 / month
Kowloon City District
28 December 2017
Finance and accounting
Our client is a multinational insurance company with an excellent opportunity for a high caliber, experienced Financial/ Investment Reporting Accountant. If you are looking for a company that offers great career growth potential and a competitive salary package, this could be a great match for you. This is a 6 months contract that may be converted into a permanent role. The job will start immediately.
The successful candidate will take a lead role in ensuring the quality and timeliness of source data used by the International Financial Reporting team. You will pro-actively keep pace with accounting and regulatory developments both within and outside the Group to enhance the robustness of reported results supporting analysis.
- Assist in the production of FPIL monthly financial reports within agreed timescales
- Process journals, monthly reconciliation work and control monitoring submissions
- Adhere to monthly control procedures to ensure there is auditable back-up for balances and it is well documented
- Support in developing new financial reports for new group requirements / new accounting standards
- Interrogation of finance systems including e5, Hipo, RhymeSight, Oracle, and Essbase
- Analysis of investment numbers and market movements
- Preparation of investment reporting for Group
- Ad-hoc project work
- Diploma / Degree holder in accounting / finance or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years solid experiences in general accounting and financial reporting
- Strong insurance background
- Good working knowledge of Life Insurance accounting / Investment reporting is preferred although not necessary
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly numerate and analytical - able to interpret and understand results
- Good command of English
- Solid experience of using Excel and finance systems (e.g. Oracle, Essbase, Hipo, RhymeSight, etc)
If this sounds like you, APPLY TODAY!