Accountant - 9 month contract - $28k - $32k
Location : Kwun Tong District
Post Date : 21 June 2017
Our client is a worldwide electronics trading company looking for a Financial Accountant to start immediately.
- Responsible the India subsidiary adhering to U.S. GAAP and local accounting, legal and taxation requirements including, TDS, Service tax filing, Service tax refund, professional tax and income tax filings
- Responsible for managing the outsourced accounting firm, company secretarial firm, audit and tax consultants to ensure the compliances and deliverables to the government bodies (including RBI) accurately and timely
- Manage the outsourced Accounts Payable team to ensure the timely payments and proper filing of documents and TDS certificate.
- Provide daily cash application instructions to the outsourced accounting firm for ASEAN and India/SAARC customers.
- Distribute the Statement of Account (SOA) to customers on a weekly basis or upon request.
- Follow-up with the customer on past due invoices and resolve timely for any AR related discrepancies/issues.
- Partner with APAC Supply Chain Distribution team and APAC Finance Team in Hong Kong office to handle credit hold releases on orders.
- Ensure month-end accounting closing review and analysis i.e. BS review, and PNL review against prior months, outlook and budget for APAC.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Tertiary degree in accounting from an accredited institution with CA qualifications.
- Extensive experience in a similar role involving Finance/ Accounting/Auditing including Public Accounting/Auditing for a multi-national company
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the U.S GAAP requirements.
- Experience in Oracle Financial Modules
- Advanced understanding and proficiency in Excel
- Organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills a must couple with the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written communications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new concepts and participate actively in new projects.
- Works well independently and within the team environment.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English is required.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,