IFRS17 Technical Accountant - 12 mths rolling- 70K-100K
$70000 - 100000 / month
Yau Tsim Mong District
14 February 2018
Our client is one of the most prestigious Insurance groups providing a large range of products and services for individual customers and companies. The company is looking for an Associate Director to lead the IFRS17/9 implementation.
The key responsibilities for this role is to:
- Establish top quality AIA Group IFRS 17 and 9 policies in accordance with IFRS pronouncements published.
- Conduct accounting research and evaluate alternatives, recommend accounting approaches that are both practical and most appropriate to the operating environment of AIA.
- Write high-quality accounting papers on IFRS 17 and 9 topics with clear recommendations on options and alternatives.
- Monitor the developments of IASB standard setting activities relevant to the AIA Group and perform impact analysis.
- Manage the implementation of IFRS 9 and 17, participate in establishing the business-as-usual process before transferring to the appropriate business units.
- Support business units in local implementation of IFRS 17 and 9.
- Support senior stakeholders in ad hoc accounting policy issues, presentations and lobbying activities.
- Support business units with ad hoc queries around accounting policies.
- Develop and deliver technical training to both staff in Group Office and business units
To be consider for this role, the candidate should have:
- Degree holder with professional qualification in AICPA, HKICPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience gained within a multinational environment with regional exposure.
- Strong accounting policy technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS 9 and 17.
- Experience with insurance and financial services industries strongly preferred.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Good team player and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and changing environment.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.