IT PM Insurance - up to 80K- 12 months rolling
Yau Tsim Mong District
July 30, 2018
Our client is one of the most prestigious Insurance groups providing a large range of products and services for individual customers and companies. The company is looking for a IT Project Manager to lead the IFRS 17 project.
The key responsibilities for this role is to:
- Ensure the Data & Systems Delivery workstream/ work package is appropriately and efficiently planned, mobilised and governed, solutions are analysed, defined, scoped and adequately costed and budgeted, and that ultimately the project is delivered to time, budget and scope so that HSBC will be compliant with the new IFRS Standard from the effective date.
- Work with the programme director and other business leads to ensure that HSBC is adequately prepared to respond to the IFRS new standard.
- Be responsible for planning and controlling the build, relevant testing and deployment activities with global impact across all functions.
- Play an active role in planning and re-planning the Data & Systems Delivery work package.
- Build a strong relationship with supporting technology functions and HOST IT Program Lead to clearly articulate priorities and outcomes in a structured fashion
- Fully participate in design and project working groups to help to drive the delivery of appropriate strategic technology and systems solutions
- Be accountable for delivering the Input Data work package as required by IFRS17, in line with the agreed business outcomes, timeline and budgets
- Ensure alignment and work closely with the other 2 Business Leads, HOST IT Lead and the Programme Director across accounting & reporting / commercial / solution design aspects to deliver IFRS17 overall
- Develop efficient and pragmatic solutions & approaches to meeting IFRS17 requirements (example: use of Agile)
- Have strong and pro-active leadership including setting direction and approach to the various resources, SMEs and external support required to deliver IFRS17
- Ensure cost budgeting, control and monitoring. Escalation as appropriate for the Data & Systems related work package
To be consider for this role, the candidate should have:
- Experience in leading agile teams
- Subject matter expertise in Insurance and IT Systems but also Finance and Insurance technical issues, processes and systems
- Must have worked in developing pragmatic solutions across change programmes, including working effectively with change leads and other functional areas
- Proven project management skills developed on global and/or cross functional projects
- Proven ability to both build relationships and influence stakeholders globally and across functions to build consensus in decision making
- Proven experience of driving successful design and implementation of process and systems solutions to meet requirements
- Strong track record of partnering with technology functions to deliver successful large scale project outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to move between the "bigger picture" and detail knowledge of the project in order to facilitate efficient resolution of issues and overcome obstacles
- Able to cope with rapidly changing priorities and other changes in circumstances.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.