Technical IFRS Accountant - 12 months rolling- 80K-120K
$960000 - 1440000 / month
Yau Tsim Mong District
10 January 2018
Our client is one of the most prestigious Insurance groups providing a large range of products and services for individual customers and companies. Due to an ongoing expansion, our client is currently looking for Senior Financial Reporting Manager that have experiences in regional financial reporting experience and finance projects exposures
The key responsibilities for this role is to:
- Support the analysis, interpretation and understanding of the requirements of the new accounting standard and the impact it has on HSBC's insurance business
- Draft technical papers on the key elements of the requirements of IFRS 17, including performing an impact analysis for each technical aspect of IFRS 17, alternatives available (and potential advantages or disadvantages of the same), the implementation requirements and challenges
- Consider the impact from other standards and local regulatory reporting requirement and how they interact with the proposed requirements of IFRS 17
- Support the Technical Review Committee by presenting the technical papers and working with the project teams to set up the implementation process
- Provide technical support on the implementation of IFRS 17 to Finance and Business teams through the Subject Matter Expert ('SME') groups
- Formulate and recommend Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance on policies around IFRS 17
- Report back to the Technical Review Committee and project team on the progress of implementation, issues encountered and how the same will be resolved
To be consider for this role, the candidate should have:
- Qualified Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) with a recognised UK institute such as ICAEW or overseas equivalent.
- Significant life insurance experience including a solid understanding of policy administration, actuarial and accounting systems
- Exceptional IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or professional practice, including experience of drafting technical accounting papers and challenging current practice in order to drive improvement
- Strong technical knowledge of current insurance accounting, including embedded value principles
- Good working knowledge of IFRS 17
- Understand the impacts of other IFRS and regulatory reporting standards and how they interact with IFRS 17
- Post qualification experience of financial reporting, auditing, and ideally technical accounting in IFRS (greater levels of experience at higher grades).
- Preparation/audit of financial statements under IFRS with either an audit practice (Big Four audit firm preferable) or an insurer in the UK.
- Drafting skills: a high standard of English grammar and spelling
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Strong presentation and communication skills - applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Experience working with senior stakeholders in a global environment is desirable
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.