The Robert Half Salary Guide will provide you with unique insights into the latest average salaries across a number of sectors, anticipated year on year increases as well as what to expect in Hong Kong's current hiring environment.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations compared to your industry peers - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job.
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees, negotiate salary increases for top performers, and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy of our Salary Guide, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
Employment & salary outlook for 2016:
- Asia continues to play a lead role in international growth, and remains an attractive destination providing businesses from across the globe a gateway to a growing and diverse customer base as well as a geographic foothold in one of the world's most dynamic regions.
- As a major regional hub, in Hong Kong there remains a sense of optimism for both economic and corporate growth in 2016.
- Hong Kong's labour market remains extremely healthy with near-zero unemployment rate, and staying up to date with market salaries remains critical in attracting and retaining the loyalty of top talent.
Trends dominating the hiring landscape
- A complex regional business environment is fueling demand for professionals with specific skills and expertise.
- Top professionals are driving discussions on remuneration, and salary remains a primary motivator when it comes to retaining key talent.
- With the evolution of the workplace, flexible work options has increasingly become the benchmark of 'employers of choice'.
- The rise of project-based, independent consultants who can bring a wealth of experience and cost effective solution to expanding permanent headcount.
Finance & Accounting salaries
Large companies are expected to underpin demand for finance and accounting professionals in 2016 with more than half planning to recruit new staff in the first half of the year. Key drivers of recruitment include new projects, product/service expansion and penetration of new markets.
Information Technology salaries
Technology advancements are driving business change, delivering growth and innovation across multiple sectors and prompting the need for additional IT talent. Confidence is high across the IT sector with 2 out of 5 CIOs/CTOs planning to expand their teams in the first half of 2016.
Banking & Financial services salaries
The majority of Hong Kong firms will grow their financial services teams in the first half of 2016 however business leaders say it is challenging to recruit top professionals with relevant experience in the current hiring environment.
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for finance and accounting, banking, technology and financial services jobs.
How to negotiate the salary you deserve
For some candidates, salary negotiations can be harrowing. Fortunately, since you already have an offer, you also have the upper hand. The following tips can help you negotiate the salary you want and deserve.
How to answer 'what is your expected salary?'
The question “What’s your expected salary range?” can be a difficult one to answer, leaving even the most confident interviewee's stumped. Follow these tips to increase your chances of landing the job with the salary package you desire.
Why paying a competitive salary is important
The monthly salary payout should never be viewed as an expense, but as an investment. We look at why paying a competitive salary is important and why being penny wise pound foolish might actually be more costly for the company.