The Robert Half Hong Kong Information Technology Salary Guide provides you with unique insights into the latest average information technology and IT salaries, including anticipated year on year increases.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations against other IT and information technology professionals - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job.
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy of the Hong Kong IT Salary Guide, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
- 37% of CIOs/CTOs will expand their teams in the first half of 2016.
- Demand for IT professionals is especially strong in the insurance and wealth management sectors.
- Business growth domestically (63%) and internationally (56%) are underpinning hiring intentions.
- 47% of firms plan to increase salaries for their IT professionals this year, and 35% will boost bonuses.
- 93% of business leaders say it is increasingly challenging to find quality IT talent largely due to a lack of niche technical skills among candidates
- Firms are favouring candidates with at least two years of experience coupled with expertise in Java and .NET development
- Hiring managers looking for IT professionals say that strong communication skills in both English and Cantonese will enhance a candidate's market value
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for technology and IT jobs.
What is the best programming language to learn in 2016?
As businesses increasingly make the transition to digital platforms, demand for IT programmers and skilled developers is rising rapidly across Asia. With multiple programming languages in existence here is how to identify the single best programming language to learn:
Your IT career path – Stay with one employer or move for broad experience?
IT professionals often share a common concern – is it better to focus on a long term career with one firm or gain diverse experience by moving between different employers? There are pros and cons to each strategy, and here is how to make a choice for yourself:
Tech professionals: The growth of big data and its opportunities
Big data offers enormous possibilities for organisations, and as companies race to make the most of everything big data has to offer, career opportunities abound for IT professionals. Here are some of the major roles being driven by the growth of big data: