The Robert Half Hong Kong Finance & Accounting Salary Guide provides you with unique insights into the latest average finance & accounting salaries, including anticipated year on year increases.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations against other finance & accounting professionals - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job.
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy of the Hong Kong Finance & Accounting Salary Guide, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
- Demand for qualified finance professionals continues to grow, with 55% of large companies in Hong Kong planning to recruit professionals in this space in the first half of the year.
- Key drivers of recruitment include new projects (49%), product/service expansion (47%), penetration of new markets (41%) and domestic business growth or expansion (39%).
- Businesses need to be prepared for what is shaping up to be a battle to recruit the best finance and accounting talent, especially those with in-demand skills.
- Staying abreast of market salaries is critical as we are seeing accounting professionals accept job offers on the basis of just a 5% salary increment.
- Candidates are sought after for roles in financial planning and analysis plus internal audit and pricing.
- Firms are gravitating towards candidates with 5 to 10 years of experience, and the CIA and CPA designations remain the gold standard requirements of the profession.
- 40% of CFOs point to lack of technical skills as a key hurdle when recruiting for new finance and accounting staff.
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for finance and accounting jobs.
The accounting certifications employers crave
There is no shortage of accounting certifications that can be undertaken. Here's our tips on which ones are most in-demand with employers, and which will actually help to advance your career.
Rising demand for Asia’s professionals
The finance industry is continuing to grow across Asia fueling demand for experienced finance and accounting talent. This is accompanied by a tightening in the supply of experienced professionals.
Surprising facts about the accounting profession
Did you know Mick Jagger studied accounting? Check out our infographic to learn more fun facts about accounting – and why the outlook is so bright for accounting professionals today.