Project Manager Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Project Manager and Financial Services trends.
A Project Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion. This is a senior role at an organisation and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
An ideal Project Manager job description should capture the nuances and variation of this senior role, seeking multi-skilled and highly capable candidates.
Project Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
As a role that focuses on completing a project as efficiently and promptly as possible, expect to see any of the following duties and responsibilities in a Project Manager job description:
- Leading project planning sessions
- Coordinating staff and internal resources
- Managing project progress and adapt work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Designing and signing off on contracts
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Participating in tender process i.e. design, submission and review
- Designing risk mitigation plan
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Managing large and diverse teams
Project Manager job qualifications and requirements
A great Project Manager usually has five or more years’ experience, and one or several formal qualifications. A Project Manager job description could include degrees in any of the following fields:
- IT or Computer Science
- Business or Business Administration
Additionally, Project Managers should possess high levels of the below skills to perform well in the role:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
Are you looking for a Project Manager role? View our latest Project Manager jobs here.