Good credit management is essential to an organisation’s healthy cash flow, and Credit Controllers are responsible for managing a book of debtor accounts to ensure timely payment of outstanding invoices.
Credit Controllers are also involved in conducting credit checks on new customers, resolving problems in relation to invoice payments, reconciling complex month-end accounts and reporting to management on outstanding issues whilst highlighting potential debtor problems.
As a Credit Controller, you will manage a book of debtor’s accounts to ensure timely payment of outstanding invoices. You will also be involved in conducting credit checks on new customers, resolving problems in relation to invoice payments, reconciling accounts for month end and reporting to management on outstanding issues and informing of potential debtor problems.
The role of Credit Controller includes overseeing the collection of customer accounts in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and loyalty. As such, a Credit Controller must be able to communicate in an efficient yet friendly manner with customers, as well as the broader accounts receivable team while reporting to the Financial Controller.
- Create procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention
- Reconcile complex accounts that have been escalated from the AR team
- Monitor debtor balances to ensure a reduction in debtors DSO
- Ensure credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within your team
- Liaise with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team
In addition to five years’ experience working within an accounts receivable and credit control environment, candidates for a Credit Controller role will also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good business acumen for problem solving
- Competency with large ERP systems
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a demanding workload
Please note, this is an average across various industries. To compare your salary, and receive data on salaries for your sector, visit our salary calculator.
Search for credit controller jobs in Hong Kong below:
Browse through our current list of credit control jobs in Hong Kong below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.