Collections and Uses of Personal Information
When you use or register for services in connection with the Site, we may ask for certain Personal Information that will assist us to provide you with a service that meets your needs and circumstances. We may also collect Personal Information from you through the Candidate Registration Form, through interviews, tests, CVs resumes and references, or when you submit your CV through the Site or through a third party site. The categories of Personal Information we may collect include your name and contact information (email address, address and phone number). Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Site, we may also collect information about your job search criteria and preferences, your employment experience, educational history, your expectations, skills, personality, salary, references information, background information, other information contained in your resume, and any other relevant information.
You are not obligated to provide Personal Information to access the Site. However, if you do not provide such information, RHHK may not be able to provide you with certain services and functionality offered in the Site or with any other services you request.
We will delete Personal Information we collect once the purpose for which that data was collected has been achieved or completed. If at any time you wish to delete your Personal Information that we have collected, please contact us by sending a message to the email address provided below. We will take reasonable steps to delete information in response to such a request.
We use Personal Information and other data collected through the Site in order to meet the needs of our business, including: to register you for services in connection with the Site; to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information; to process any employment application; for purposes relating to employment opportunities; human resource management; complying with regulations; for purposes relating to or in connection with your recruitment or employment; to send you direct marketing related to our products and services; to provide you with the ability to correct the information about you that we hold; to process any complaints that you make; provide you with requested information or services; and for any other purpose authorised by you or permitted by applicable law.
We may also from time to time use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our employment and career-related services. We may also transfer your Personal Information to our group companies, affiliated companies who are providing the same services for their direct marketing purposes. Your consent is required before we do so. You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages by unsubscribing from our database.
We may transfer your personal details to related bodies corporate of the Company, clients of the Company or third parties who provide services to the Company. These entities are located in Hong Kong and in the countries listed on our website at https://www.roberthalf.com.hk/hong-kong.
RHHK will not use or disclose any information about you unless the use or disclosure is:
- for the purpose of disclosing information to our clients where necessary and appropriate in connection with the provision of a service to you;
- for the purpose of disclosing information to companies and individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf, on the basis that such companies and individuals must protect your Personal Information and may not disclose or use it for unrelated purposes. Such functions may include, for example, hosting our Web servers, analysing data, providing legal, accounting and marketing services;
- permitted under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 481);
- necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested;
- in connection with a transfer of business, merger or acquisition by or of RHHK;
- to the extent necessary or appropriate to government agencies, advisors, and other third parties in order to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of RHHK or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public; (e) to assist the investigation of an offence by a law enforcement authority; or (f) prevent a serious or imminent threat to an individual's life, health or safety or public health or safety.
RHHK will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You should note that the internet is not a completely secure method of transmitting information and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet. Furthermore, RHHK may disclose and you consent to such disclosure of Personal Information to RHHK servers and electronic systems located outside the country where you are located. This is due to RHHK using overseas facilities to store, process or back up its information. However, this does not change our commitment to keep your information secure.
You are entitled to request access to any Personal Information that we hold about you, and you can do this by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address specified below. You may request that we correct Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date.
If you have any concerns, requests, questions, or complaints about your personal information, or if you have any questions about this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. In most cases we will ask that you put your request in writing to us. We will look into your inquiry and will respond within the time frame provided by any applicable law after receiving your request.
Revisions to the Policy
This Policy is effective as of March 1, 2020.
If you have any questions about our website privacy policies, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Adam Johnston, at: