Head of Operations, Hedge Fund, HKD100k
$100000 - 100000 / month
Central and Western District
19 July 2018
Banking and financial services
Our client is a SEC-registered investment adviser and are a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across quantitative, fundamental equity and tactical trading strategies.
They have effectively aligned their interests with those of their portfolio managers, traders and other personnel who have seen their successes drive the success of the business. Over the last 30 years, they have successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. They have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and their portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
Headquartered in New York, they are currently looking for a Head of Operations for their organisation, overseeing a team of three people.
- Oversee the daily operations team for by building scalable infrastructure, automating/streamlining workflow, and developing efficient processes. Communicate regularly with COO and US Director of Operations to recommend effective solutions.
- Serve as project manager for strategic initiatives, while working closely with global, to implement and integrate various systems and controls necessary to support a multi-PM platform. Develop a strong understanding of current workflow and dependencies to be used to leverage existing infrastructure and add new workflow as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with service providers and vendors including OMS/PMS providers and administrator to continue to enhance functionality and make improvements.
- Maintain constant dialogue with Head of Portfolio Finance and treasury team to provide securities lending coverage locally to the PM's in Asia, by securing locates for hard to borrows, providing color to PM's, negotiating rates, maintaining relationships with sec lending desks, and support proprietary locate system.
- Escalation point for all middle and back office operational tasks including trade breaks, settlements, reconciliations, corporate actions, confirmations, and OTC settlements. Leverage knowledge of NY and London operations teams.
- Will work with CEO and senior management in NY to develop relationships with Prime Brokers and executing brokers. Will manage PB client service teams, facilitate the addition of new counterparties and stay on top of all regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Onboard new PM's, markets, strategies, and products.
- Assist in creating a 24/7 operations coverage model to provide support in all regions for global PM teams.
- Manage daily FX hedging process
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in a Finance, Management, Business Administration or related degree.
- Has at least 10+ years of buy-side experience, specifically middle office, custody and fund administration; with a strong understanding of the entire end-to-end process.
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to understand business functions and processes quickly.
- Ability to be hands-on, flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and deliver results quickly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, global collaboration, and negotiation skills, fluent in English.
- Expert level proficiency Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, Query based reporting and data visualizations tools.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong21st Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong Island
Central, Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300