Office Admin, Law Firm, HKD20-30k
Location : Central and Western District
Post Date : 23 May 2017
A 1st Tier Law Firm, with offices across the world, providing business law advice of the highest quality throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
With over 2,600 lawyers across 16 countries, they provide service to national and multi-national corporations, financial institutions and governments. The Human Resource team is headquartered in Hong Kong with specialists in general human resources, recruitment and learning and development. This role will be responsible for liaising with the Law Society on a regular basis and will be part of a team of 2 people.
- Prepare fortnightly Law Society notification, foreign lawyer registration, annual renewals.
- Updates and maintains staff records on security access system
- Allocate desks for new joiners and visitors
- Manages issuance of business cards in compliance with Law Society rules
- Manages renewal of contractor with vendors
- Ensures the Business Continuity Plan is regularly updated.
- Responsible for booking accommodation and transportation; managing relocation for all new joiners and secondees.
- Manages the Hong Kong office time recorder numbers, access cards, internal directory photos and printer codes and other matters of all the new joiners and secondees.
- Supports and coordinates property maintenance, facilities management, records management and maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Co-ordinate desk moves with other support teams
- Arrange workstation assessment and subsequent equipment recommended
- Coordinates regular management reports including quarterly professional indemnity insurance report, annual return, insurance updates and other ad-hoc management information reports.
- Other routine tasks include completing periodic Hong Kong government surveys and organizing New York bar admission affidavits.
- A bachelor's degree holder with at least two years of experience supporting office management or human resources functions in a professional services firm or multi-national corporation.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Ability to speak Cantonese or Putonghua preferred.
- Good organization and time management skills, including excellent skills in databases, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (ie., Word, Excel) and desktop publishing and presentation applications.
- Candidates with exposure to human resources systems (SAP) are preferred but not essential.
- Ability to manage a variable work load and ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Candidates must be confident, proactive, mature and professional presence.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, be organised, detail oriented, and possess high levels of integrity and initiative. We are looking for a team player capable of building good working relationships.
- Candidates must be fully aware of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the matters handled by the Human Resources and Administration team.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,