Project Manager-Fund Operations -up to $100K
$50000 - 100000 / month
Central and Western District
14 September 2018
This role is responsible for overseeing the launch of new funds, working with fund managers to set up new funds, and be a primary liaison between the user community and the technical groups for the purposes of a specific project.
As a project manager you will engage in the following:
- Lead a team of business analysts to analyse or work independently to define the Fund operations and Fund Middle Office business requirements, participate as a business expert in recommending and implementing solutions as well as communicating the solutions effectively to Business, Management and IT.
- Lead independent reviews of new vendor product functionality and provide recommendations on how the company should implement functionality.
- Lead the launch of new funds and set up new products.
- Works in collaboration with the Product Team, IT and Vendor to design and plan projects which deliver new products and services, working across the portfolios and technology teams to ensure alignment and support delivery of other Portfolio objectives.
- Contributes to Best Practice and continuous improvement of the framework.
- People management of the teams aligned to the Portfolio, ensuring alignment of resources based on capability and personal development objectives as well as capacity.
- Development of people aligned with Best Practice principles.
To qualify as a business analyst for this role, you MUST have:
- University graduate preferably in business administration, information technology or a similar discipline
- Solid knowledge of Fund Operations
- Experience in launching new funds
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the securities market and the associated market infrastructure for Fund Administration, Fund Middle Office and Custody business
- General awareness of business, regulatory and technology change within investment management is essential.
- Good technical aptitude, including excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Excel macros
- Immediately available highly preferred and will be considered first
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong21st Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300