Research Associate - 50k
$50000 - 50000 / month
Central and Western District
7 November 2018
Banking and financial services
Our client is is seeking a Senior Associate to support clients in Hong Kong. A Senior Associate will be responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to clients based in Hong Kong.
Senior Associates help to drive business model and develop their segments client base through close coordination with senior members of the research team and working with clients to fulfil their primary research needs.
Senior Associates are responsible for driving underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, assisting senior team members with high-level product execution, and facilitating in-person interactions between clients and Council Members.
- Support the client facing team. The Senior Research Associate will provide project support to the client facing team who manage multiple projects on a day-to-day basis.
- Facilitating educational interactions between Council Members and our clients, enable our clients to make more informed and confident investment decisions. The Senior Research Associate is tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analysing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most client/expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Assist in the programming of live meetings. The Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the client facing team organise and host small group conversations between Council Members and clients and programme private meetings for Council Members at client offices.
- Enhancing Council relationship. Developing relationships with respected thought leaders across sectors, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach
- Working towards growing client relationships. The Senior Research Associate will be working towards gaining responsibility of developing relationships with clients, who are primarily leading investment professionals across APAC. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Team-wide collaboration. The Senior Research Associate is expected to work closely with our Sales and Business Development team and other research professionals to develop customized products for clients
- Interest in financial industry
- Bachelor's degree, or above
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Fluency in an additional Asian language (Mandarin, Korean, Japanese) is preferred but not a pre-requisite
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in client-facing, account management or analyst roles in relevant industries such as banking, business services, market research, consultancies and financial services, etc., plus significant ongoing curiosity about trends and personalities in the project-related sector
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some or all of the following areas:
- Sales, negotiation, or networking with high-end professionals; and/or
- Business development, corporate development, product development,
- Product management
- Ability to identify best match/solution of requests/questions and to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Successful track record working in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Hong Kong21st Floor, Nexxus Building
41 Connaught Road
Hong Kong Island +852 3653 7300