Senior Regulatory Reporting Manager(75-110k)6m roll contract
$75000 - 110000 / month
Central and Western District
13 February 2018
Our client is one of the most prestigious banking group providing a large range of products and services for individual customers and companies. Due to an ongoing expansion, our client is currently looking for a Senior Regulatory Reporting Manager for it's insurance business
The key responsibilities for this role is to:
- Manage the submission of all regulatory returns to the relevant regulators in Bermuda and Hong Kong (HKMA, OCI, MPFA, and IRD) for the Insurance legal entities in Hong Kong (including its branches in Taiwan and Macau).
- Responsible for preparing the HKFRS-based financial statements for the local insurance business
- Responsible for preparing all relevant tax calculations and for liaising with the Tax team accordingly.
- Act as the central point of contact for all regulatory and statutory reporting matters in Hong Kong.
- Assist in the development of the financial reporting team for Hong Kong Insurance whilst achieving optimal working relationships with the relevant offshore centre teams
- Lead change as relevant to the regulatory reporting area; a significant amount of change will be required in current activities, as a result of upcoming changes in regulatory requirements by the relevant regulators in Bermuda, Hong Kong (HKMA, OCI and MPFA), Taiwan, Macau and China.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Insurance Group Reporting to understand the implication of the upcoming changes in regulatory requirements by the relevant regulators in Bermuda, Hong Kong (HKMA, OCI and MPFA), Taiwan, Macau and China, and to facilitate the implementation of such changes in the reporting process.
- Responsible for preparing the Finance related papers for the INAH Audit and Risk Committee and any corporate governance-related forums and committees.
To be consider for this role, the candidate should have:
- Expert knowledge of Life Insurance accounting, reporting and capital regimes in Asia, with proven track record in Insurance Finance.
- Expert knowledge of EV principles and business dynamics.
- Proven record in managing in an international environment.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of major technical components of the insurance balance sheet and their dynamics.
- Proven leadership ability and teamworking skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and conflicting priorities.
- Professional accounting qualification, such as ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Strong sense of risk management and controls, change management skills combined with a mindset of continuous improvement and aiming for excellence
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Immediately available is preferred
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.