Associate Accountant - 6-9 months contract - $28-$32k HKD
$336000 - 384000 / month
22 November 2017
Finance and accounting
Our client is a US-based company who specialized in financial technology services. They are seeking a Senior Accountant with great regional experience to work on a 6-9month on going contract. The right candidate will start in early December 2017.
- Responsible for SG&A and closing for Asian countries in APAC region
- Analyse Trading Systems SG&A expenses, country by country basis and on consolidated level against prior month forecast and budget
- Monthly reconciliation on prepayment and accrual schedule, country by country basis
- Ensure Trading Systems Intercompany schedule are reconciled on monthly basis
- Coordinate with other departments to resolve SG&A expenses and vendor related issues,
- Coordinate within APAC finance team on requests from Corporate office
- Assist in monthly forecast & annual budget process
- Handle vendor creation in region
- Assist on transfer price calculation at month end
- Liaise with outsourced accounting & tax agent for Company tax returns are filed in time and comply with local tax rules and regulations
- Liaise with outsourced payroll agent to ensure monthly salaries are paid on time and in compliance with local rules and regulations
- Assist in external audit, preparation of audit schedules, liaise with auditors and manage local statutory filings
- Ensure internal control procedures put in place are complied with, continuously look for potential risk areas and to make recommendations for improvement
- Develop good working relationships with professionals such as auditors or statutory organizations for the benefit of the firm
- Assist Senior Regional Finance Manager on APAC reporting to Corporate and any ad hoc assignments
- Degree Qualified, Bachelor degree in Accounting is preferred
- CPA qualified with >7 years of accounting and auditing experiences.
- Hands on experience on Financial Accounting/Financial reporting, reviewing journals/accounts.
- Experience in similar or technology industries.
- Strong accounting knowledge and good analytical mind. Financial analysis experience is preferable.
- Has APAC regional exposure, with taxation knowledge is an advantage
- Experience in MNC and Oracle is preferable
- Can work independently and handle pressure
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.