Accountant $30,000 9 months contract
Location : Kowloon
Post Date : 20 June 2017
Our client is recognized as the global leader in connectivity solutions. They offer a range of innovative designs to give computer and consumer electronics users seamless integration in their day to day life. With major facilities all around the world, our client firmly believes their people come first. They are proud to say that the greatest contributing factor to their 25 years of success is their talented and ambitious team. To join the team means the company will be loyal to you, they will allow you to achieve results through autonomy, creativity and access to resources.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be the Accountant working with the team in India. You will be responsible for the accounting, controlling, statutory tax compliance functions. You will also manage the preparation and interpretation of financial and data for the use of management, creditors, and taxing authorities.
- Liaising with the team in India and adhering to U.S. GAAP and local accounting, legal and taxation requirements including TDS, service tax filing, service tax refund, professional tax and income tax filings
- Responsible for managing the outsourced accounting firm, company secretarial firm, audit and tax consultants to ensure the compliances and deliverables to the government bodies (including RBI) accurately and timely
- Manage the outsourced Accounts Payable team to ensure the timely payments and proper filing of documents and TDS certificate.
- Provide daily cash application instructions to the outsourced accounting firm for ASEAN and India/SAARC customers.
- Distribute the Statement of Account (SOA) to customers on a weekly basis or upon request.
- Follow-up with the customer on past due invoices and resolve timely for any AR related discrepancies/issues.
- Partner with APAC Supply Chain Distribution team and APAC Finance Team in Hong Kong office to handle credit hold releases on orders.
- Ensure month-end accounting closing review and analysis i.e. BS review, and PNL review against prior months, outlook and budget for APAC.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Tertiary degree in accounting from an accredited institution with CA qualifications.
- Extensive experience in a similar role involving Finance/ Accounting/Auditing including Public Accounting/Auditing for a multi national company
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the U.S GAAP requirements.
- Experience in Oracle Financial Modules
- Advanced understanding and proficiency in Excel
- Organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills a must coupled with the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written communications.
- Self motivated with the ability to learn new concepts and participate actively in new projects.
- Works well independently and within the team environment.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English is required.
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
41 Connaught Road,