The Robert Half Hong Kong Banking & Financial Services Salary Guide provides you with unique insights into the latest average banking and financial services salaries, including anticipated year on year increases.
Are you a job seeker? Use the guide to measure your salary expectations against other banking and financial services professionals - perhaps it's time to ask for a pay rise or search for a new job.
Are you a hiring manager? Use this valuable resource to determine salary levels for new employees and stay up-to-date with emerging trends in today's recruitment market.
To request a print copy of the Hong Kong Banking & Finance Salary Guide, contact your local branch or specialist recruitment consultant.
- 57% of Hong Kong firms plan to grow their financial services teams in the first half of 2016.
- 97% of business leaders say it's challenging to recruit top banking and financial services professionals.
- Candidates who display a deep understanding of equity derivatives as well as strong client relationship skills are considered essential.
- Companies are becoming wary of job-hopping candidates, making finance professionals with stable CVs more attractive for prospective employers.
- Functional areas where finance leaders will concentrate their recruitment activity include banking and financial services, operations support and compliance.
- Retention is a key priority, seeing a trend of aggressive counter offers, making it essential to stay up to date with market salaries.
- 67% of firms will increase salaries for their financial services teams in 2016.
- 41% of firms also plan to increase their bonuses for financial services staff.
Compare your salary online
Are you getting paid what you're worth?
Prepare for your next performance appraisal or salary negotiation by using the Robert Half Salary Calculator to check and compare your salary against your industry peers.
This handy tool gives you instant access to average salary ranges in your local area for finance and banking and financial services jobs.
6 reasons finance professionals love their jobs
There’s more to a career in finance and accounting than simply scrutinising spreadsheets. Here we highlight aspects of banking & financial services jobs demonstrating just why professionals in this industry love their job so much.
How working overseas can lift your finance career.
In an increasingly globalised world employers are looking for culturally-sensitive individuals, with linguistic skills and experience. Here's why accepting a position overseas might be the right move to give your career a boost.
Talent crunch in 2016? Not in risk and compliance.
Talent shortages in risk and compliance departments across Hong Kong has seen banks become more open to hiring those with relevant skill sets. Find out if you should specialise in a specific area or remain a generalist.