Compliance Manager Salary Guide
Are you a hiring manager or changing jobs? Download the Robert Half Salary Guide and view salary benchmarking data for Compliance Manager and Financial Services trends.
A Compliance Manager coordinates the creation, review and implementation of policies and procedures established by the agencies that regulate the company. Compliance Managers apply and interpret audit and compliance requirements for various departments. They interact with external auditors on matters related to audits of the organisation's internal controls, and assess potential fraud activity, plus develop fraud detection tools.
Compliance Manager duties and responsibilities of the job
The most in-demand Compliance Managers are those with solid statistical, analytical and organisational skills. The responsibilities in a Compliance Manager job description can vary depending on industry, but typical responsibilities are as follows:
- Conducting compliance risk assessment training workshops
- Conducting internal reviews and audits
- Conducting environmental audits to ensure the company meets environmental requirements
- Advising internal management and business partners on the implementation of compliance programs
- Developing risk management strategies
- Following up on compliance issues that require investigation
- Evaluating compliance systems and ensuring adequate software is in place
- Reporting on compliance
Compliance Manager job qualifications and requirements
A Bachelor’s degree in the following fields is beneficial for a Compliance Manager role:
- Business Studies
A Compliance Manager job description should also include excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. An analytical mind and the ability to manage and prioritise work are also must-have skills.
Are you looking for a Compliance Manager role? View our latest Compliance Manager jobs here.